Date of Last Revision: 7/1/2004
Date of Last Review: 5/21/18
Effective Date: Immediately
This summary of our privacy practices contains a condensed version of our Notice of Privacy Practices. Our full-length notice is available by request.
This information is made available upon request by patient.
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review the following carefully.
We understand that your medical information is personal to you, and we are committed to protecting the information about you. As our patient, we created medical records about your health, our care for you , and the services and/or items we provide to you as our patient. By law, we are required to make sure that your protected health information is kept private.
How will use or disclose your information? Here are a few examples (for more details, please refer to the full-length Notice of Privacy Practices):
- For medical treatment
- To obtain payment for our services
- In emergency situations
- For appointment & patient recall reminders
- To run our Practice more efficiently & ensure that all of our patients receive quality care
- For research
- To avert a serious threat to health or safety
- For organ and tissue donation
- For workers’ compensation programs
- In response to certain request arising out of lawsuits or other disputes
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with the Practice or with the Secretary of the Department of Health & Human Services. To file a complaint with the Practice, contact our office manager. All complaints must also be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
You have certain rights regarding the information we maintain about you. The rights include:
- The right to inspect and copy
- The right to amend
- The right to an accounting of disclosures
- The right to request restrictions
- The right to a paper copy of this notice
- The right to request confidential communications
For more information about these rights, please see the detailed Notice of Privacy Practices below: